MLP 2021 Policy Incubator: Bill 64 and Beyond
Time & Location
About the Event
Back on Sunday April 18th. River Heights held a forum to discuss the problems that the proposed changes would create. This incubator will discuss how to address those problem areas.
We will examine:
- New structure vs. existing
- Redefinition of Principal's role
- Parents Councils
- Equity Issues
Our panelists are:
- John Wiens - Dean Emeritus at the Faculty of Education, University of Manitoba. A lifelong educator, he has served as a teacher, counsellor, work education coordinator, principal, school superintendent and university professor.
- Wendy Bloomfield - Chair of the Board of the Seine River School Division, and Chair of the Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba. Wendy was administrator of a non-profit childcare program for 16 years. She has served as a school trustee since 1983 and as Chair of the Board of the Seine River School Division since 1990.
- Ben Carr - Principal of the Maples Met School - one of only two of its kind in Canada. The Maples Met School was named the top school in Canada for innovation in teaching and learning last year by the Education Canada Network. Prior to this Ben was a teacher at Kelvin High School.
- Jon Gerrard - MLA River Heights, former leader Manitoba Liberal Party. He has been advocating for better educational outcome for over a decade.
- Other Panelist to be confirmed.
After our panelist presentations, we will break out into smaller groups for discussion and to draft policy ideas. These ideas will then be shared back to the larger group at the end of the session, and will form the basis for our future policy development.
This a free event but please register in advance using this link:
All registered participants will receive the ZOOM link prior to the event.
Panelist bios will be posted shortly.
Policy Incubators, hosted by the Manitoba Liberal Party Policy Committee allow for members of the community to come together to discuss and develop better public policy for all Manitobans. We welcome a panel of experts from outside of the party to help broaden our understanding of the issues.
For more information, please contact the office at (204) 988-9380 or Executive.Director@ManitobaLiberals.ca.
Director of Operations
Manitoba Liberal Party